ISSUE ONE (Jan - Mar) 2017 as PDF or as HTML
| INDEXES ALL VOLUMES
SHOPPING CARTTO GO HERE
HUMANITIES SCIENCE POLITICS
Science, People & Politics ISSN 1751-598X
THE VIEW FROM BEACON HILL
Brave blue light hurrying through Halifax,
At this distance silent, seeming slow,
slicing the town in two.
Behind you the hospital:
ahead a life hanging by a thread
Unable to see what I see
As the 571 makes its way down Beacon Hill.
We meet at the base.
Bus giving way to ambulance.
The siren's Doppler beat reaches crescendo,
And fades as the blue light climbs steadily
To reach its unknown destination.
By Helen Gavaghan, 4th January, 2017. Edited by HG 7th January, 2017.
Published online first on gavaghancommunications.com, and removed from that website on 23rd February, 2017.
Test your knowledge of events significant to scientists and politicians internationally
between 26th November, 2016 and 23rd February, 2017.
Answers on page 4 of this issue. Devised by the editor.
TODAY 24th FEBRUARY 2017
1. On what date was Donald Trump elected president of the United States of America?
2. On what date was Donald Trump sworn in as 45th President of the United States
3. What is the name of the Secretary General of the United Nations who assumed office on 1st January, 2017?
4. Who was President of the Royal Society of London on 1st January 2017.
5. Which Nobel peace laureate delivered his Nobel lecture on 10th December 2016?
6. Name 3 non-EU, European Organisations undertaking science research.
7. On what date did the Outer Space Treaty come into effect?
8. What does the acronym ISRO stand for?
9. Who was director general of the World Health Organisation on 1st January 2017?
10. Who was President of the European Commission on 1st January, 2017?
Issue 1 (Jan-Mar), 2017............................................Science, People & Politics ISSN 1751-598X print and online
Published Friday 24th February, 2017,
nominally.Completed 9th April, 2017.
HTML/CSS by Helen Gavaghan©