ADVERTISEMENT PUBLISHING AGREEMENT,
by Helen Gavaghan.
HOME | ADVERT OPTIONS
DATE 24th March, 2016. TERMS NEGOTIABLE AND SUBJECT TO CHANGE.
Negotiable and amendable.
Relating to text adverts created in html (not html 5) with in line CSS if appropriate.
1. Agreement to publish an advert between ADVERTISER, of such and such an address, and publisher, Helen Gavaghan, trading also as GavaghanCommunications, of 165 Longfellow Court, Mytholmroyd, Hebden Bridge, HX7 5LG.
2. The advertiser claims moral rights, and copyright of words, and of design, if advertiser wishes to create their own design.
3. The agreed price is xxx, plus VAT.
4. The advert is to be online from DATE AND TIME to DATE AND TIME.
5. The invoice is to be paid in full on removal of the advert, or on the seventh working day of appearance as a paid advert online, whichever comes first.
6. Clause 5 may be modified if the advert is to be online for longer than 14 days.
7. The publisher agrees to show the final advert for online publication to the advertiser immediately prepublication, and not to publish without formal spoken approval by phone with a known representative of the advertiser, and the approval also to be given by email.
8. The publisher agrees to remove the advert at a cost of XX Pounds sterling plus VAT if requested to remove the advert before the end of the date specified in 4.
9. The removal fee is in addition to the advert cost.
10. The advertiser agrees that for 8 and 9 to be binding they, the advertiser, must:
i) give the publisher 12 hours notice, and do so by phone and by email.
ii) provide an explanation non libellous of the publisher for publication online in place of the advert.
iii) agree to be guided by the publisher as to whether the words are libellous, or have the potential to be viewed as libellous of the publisher and the publisher's professional business relationships.
11. In the event of a Court Order pertaining to the advert the publisher agrees to act in accordance with the Court Order.
12. The advertiser agrees to supply search optimisation material of title (no more than 60 characters), keywords, no more than 10 words, and an advert description of no more than 140 characters.
13. The file for the advert will carry the name designated by the publisher, and the files will be a recyclable name. This is a changed condition compared with initial publication on 17th January, 2013.
14. The advertiser understands that once the advert is removed the title will be removed, the keywords removed, the description removed and robots excluded. The advert will be removed, and no longer online. The publisher and advertiser will each retain a private copy of the advert. This is a changed condition, as of 8th April, 2013, and the publisher needs to read relevant information to clarify whether conditions 14 is in line with legislation. Obviously the publisher will comply with legislation in relationship to storage of adverts.
15. The advertiser understands the url of the removed advert, and its dates online, will appear on a page of former advertisers.
16. Publisher and advertiser will agree the location of the advert for its time online as a paid advert. During the advert's time online as a paid advert the url of the page on which the advert appears, or from which the advert within the publisher's site is reached by a link on one of the publisher's urls, will not change.
17. Once the advert ceases to be a paid advert it will be added to a list of former adverts, together with their date online.
18. The advertiser agrees that modification of text of the advert during it time online as a paid advert, if the alteration is not an error by the publisher, will be paid for at 50 pounds sterling per hour plus vat, billed to the nearest 25 pounds plus VAT.
19. The advertiser understands that the publisher's website is created in html 4.01 transitional (loose), CSS, XHTML and XML.
20. The publisher agrees not to place Google analytics or any other Cookie on the advertiser's url.
21. The publisher draws to the advertiser's attention that webstats for the publisher's website can be found at http://www.gavaghancommunications.com/stats
22. The advertiser agrees to provide advert text typed directly into notepad, and not cut and paste from any other computing package. The publisher can undertake the task of inputting text for the advertiser, charging commercial outsourced touch typing hourly rates, plus commercial professional publishing proof reading rates. If the outsourced suppliers of touch typing and/or proof reading are not VAT registered the saving will be passed to the customer.
23. The advertiser accepts there will be no live links on its url and undertakes not to solicit links to its advert url.
24. The advertiser understands the publisher has no control, and seeks no control, over whoever links to whichever urls.
25. The publisher undertakes to share with no third parties raw data gleaned from the publisher's off line web stats, unless there is an unchallengable Court Order.
26. Webstats for GavaghanCommuications are located at http://www.gavaghancommunications.com/stats I reset these.
27. The publisher understands the importance to the advertiser of their reputation.